Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We have an opening for a Facility Manager. You will provide advanced technical and administrative oversight of LLNL facility activities and be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of on and off-site offices, shops, scientific and research laboratories, and emergency services facilities. You will be responsible for implementing work control in your assigned facilities, managing facility modifications, and maintaining facility safety documentation. This position is in the Facilities Management & Systems Planning Division (FMSPD) of the Deployed Facilities & Infrastructure Department.
- Ensure facility systems function and special facility and plant equipment, including the facility heating, ventilation, air conditioning, electrical systems, fire protection systems, and alarm systems function reliably. Maintain list of mission critical equipment and systems and develop response protocols for equipment alarms.
- Anticipate and reconcile support problems, including technical and administrative factors affecting critical milestones.
- Develop, review, and implement procedures and plans including safety basis documentation, change control forms, Facility Safety Plans, Work Control Documents, roof access plans, and facility project plans.
- Ensure processes and procedures are in place to ensure that chemical and radioactive materials inventories remain within facility authorization limits and are consistent with ES&H Manual and Laboratory requirements.
- Oversee and evaluate activities performed in the facilities and concur on and release all work conducted in the facility to ensure they are within the facility safety basis, that work conflicts are avoided, and hazards to occupants or to the facility are identified and controlled.
- Lead regular self-assessment inspections and walkthroughs, managing facility related deficiencies and issues to closure.
- Provide daily direction to facility coordinators, material handlers, and craft personnel to complete facility related activities.
- Manage minor facility repair and modification projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the appropriate technology or an equivalent combination of education and significant related experience.
- Advanced knowledge of the operation and maintenance of HVAC, architectural, and facility utility systems found in office, shop, and laboratory facilities.
- Significant experience in facility management, facility maintenance, or facility operations.
- Significant experience working independently as well as directing the work of others.
- High level knowledge of ES&H policies and procedures as they apply to office, shop, and specialized hazardous facilities.
- Ability to use facility related equipment and systems including computer operating systems and related software applications.
- Demonstrated advanced organizational, decision making, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated customer service, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills necessary to interact effectively with co-workers, facility tenants, managers, and other service providers.
- Facilities Management Certification from an accredited university or industry recognized association such as International Facility Management Association (IFMA) or Building Owners and Managers Institute (BOMI).
- Advanced project management skills.
- High level knowledge of work control practices at LLNL.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position. Employees assigned to work at Site 300 may be exposed to the organism that causes San Joaquin Valley Fever (coccidioidomycosis).
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.5 billion, employing approximately 6,000 employees.
Site 300 is an experimental test site operated by LLNL. Situated on 7,000 acres in rural foothills approximately six miles southwest of downtown Tracy and 15 miles southeast of Livermore, Site 300 hosts approximately 200 employees with expertise in such fields as engineering, chemistry, biology, and environmental restoration.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.