Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We have an opening for a Division Office Manager. You will be a member of the Division Administrative Management Team. This position is in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED), within the Engineering Directorate. DTED provides support to Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Programs.
- Serve as working supervisor for administrative staff to direct and assign assignments, provide input in hiring process, provide training and mentoring, write performance appraisals, and provide rank and salary recommendations to the Division/Program Administrator.
- Oversee staff development, provide coaching and feedback on a regular basis.
- Review, execute, and administer a variety of personnel related activities to include training matrices, clearance justification/waivers, various employee memos, etc.
- Serve as back up to the DTED Division Administrator in administrative aspects and serve as an interactive/participating member of the division management team.
- Collaborate with fellow Engineering Office Managers in the areas of personnel administration and special projects related to administrative activities, i.e., performance appraisals, team building, training, etc.
- Initiate or oversee various monthly reports, analyze results, and report to management.
- Maintain Division website, ensuring information and events are current.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience leading and supervising non-exempt employees and team building.
- Demonstrated knowledge of handling sensitive personnel issues and progressive discipline strategies and understanding of HR compliance requirements for personnel administration.
- Experience coordinating multiple work activities and multi-faceted internal processes and the ability to assess workforce needs.
- Demonstrated organizational and attention to detail skills, flexibility, and ability to prioritize multiple and complex tasks, often with conflicting priorities and deadlines with numerous and frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work independently; be self-motivated, assume responsibility, and make decisions with minimal guidance.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills necessary to effectively explain, present, direct, negotiate, influence others, and resolve difficult issues using creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience interacting with all levels of personnel, while exercising a high degree of discretion, mature judgment, and tact in handling personnel issues of a sensitive nature.
- Experience working with software applications, such as PowerPoint and FileMaker Pro.
- Knowledge and experience interpreting and implementing LLNL policies, procedures, and practices.
- Experience maintaining and updating internal websites.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
Security Clearance: This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.5 billion, employing approximately 6,000 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.