Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We have multiple openings for Drafters. You will support engineering, scientific, and technical staff by providing design and documentation of equipment, apparatus, infrastructure, systems, and processes. These positions are in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED), in support of Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Principal Directorate.
- Provide basic technical CAD support to DTED Designers, Engineering Associates, Engineers, and Scientists.
- Utilize Computer Aided Design/Product Lifecycle Management (CAD/PLM) systems, other software and equipment to prepare design concepts, layouts, detail drawings, calculations, graphics, and other design data utilized in accomplishing work objectives.
- Prepare sketches, detail, assembly, pictorial, or electronic representations of mechanical parts, apparatus, test assemblies, buildings, and equipment.
- Use established guidelines, techniques, and procedures to complete CAD tasks.
- Acquire and analyze basic data, solve basic technical problems, and report results.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s (AS) degree in an Engineering Technology or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Basic knowledge of CAD/PLM practices, techniques, standards, and procedures in preparing CAD objects.
- Basic knowledge of ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Standard through a formal training process.
- Basic knowledge of machine shop practices and fabrication techniques.
- Experience working with CAD systems and basic knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with PTC software.
- Experience working with PTC Windchill PDMLink sofware.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This listing has multiple openings; these are Career Indefinite positions. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for these positions.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.5 billion, employing approximately 6,000 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.