Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We have an opening for a Web Designer/Administrator. You will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of external and internal websites. You will work with organization or programmatic contacts to develop web content and graphics for existing, new, internal, and external websites. This position is in the Technical Information Department.
- Work with organization or programmatic contacts to understand content and audience needs to develop web content and graphics for existing, new, internal, and external websites; oversee content and graphics of multiple websites.
- Assess appropriateness of existing content, analyze need for additional content, test hyperlink integrity, and make necessary modifications to ensure site is achieving purpose. Provide updates to multiple existing websites.
- Contribute to the evaluation of new institutional tools; may represent organization on working groups or committees.
- Address complex technical problems and assignments related to institutional compatibility, support, and system needs.
- Distribute information as knowledge leader in the area of web administration and provide input to management on policy changes.
- Contribute to the evaluation, implementation, and administration of newly created sites using a content management system architecture.
- Research and gather administrative and technical information in order to enhance the value of websites.
- Develop and implement project plans and schedules for web projects including commitments on cost and schedules.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree in relevant field or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience creating, developing, and maintaining large organization websites and knowledge of current web site administration industry developments.
- Expert in the use of related software, such as HTML, CSS, and Bootstrap.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, i.e., Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Dreamweaver.
- Proven ability to anticipate and identify problems and exercise good judgment in independent decision-making with effective follow-through to meet deadlines and achieve results.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills necessary to interact tactfully and effectively with a diverse group of personalities and disciplines.
- Demonstrated strong organization skills, dependability, detail-oriented, and capable of handling multiple, complex tasks with frequent interruptions, changing priorities and short deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member with minimal task definition.
- Knowledge of Drupal or other content management system.
- Experience in using Adobe Captivate.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.5 billion, employing approximately 6,000 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.