Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We have an opening for a recent bachelor’s degree graduate within one year, the opportunity to engage in practical hands on human resources work to further their educational experience. You will engage in entry to mid-level administrative support to the Scholar and On-boarding Team, and will assist other areas as needed.
- Assist scholar employment with the preparation of student hire process; Submit Pre-Offer Security (POS) forms, create offer letters, and document data into various databases and in email.
- Assemble Start folders and communicate with students as needed.
- Assist New Employee Orientation (NEO) by preparing all NEO materials and enter hiring data the day of at NEO and assist at NEO with other activities as needed.
- Assist with workshops, receptions, Meet the Director Briefing and the Student Poster Symposium Event.
- Assist the Visiting Scientist Program (VSP) and Academic Cooperation Program (ACP) by creating acknowledgment letters and sending customized emails as needed to the VSP and ACP’s.
- File I-9's and send Employee Start packets, ACP and VSP files to Records and/or storage.
- Assist with other activities as needed.
- Must be a recent bachelors level graduate within one year in human resources or related field.
- Experience providing administrative support in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with personal computers and familiarity with Microsoft applications for the PC.
- Ability to apply basic human resources principles to understand related problems.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
Anticipated Clearance Level: None.
Note: This is a Temporary Student Intern appointment. This assignment is for a full-time position for three months and may be extended. Refer to the Scholar Program website at https://scholars.llnl.gov/ for additional student employment information.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.5 billion, employing approximately 6,000 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.