Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We have an opening for a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant. You will provide quality health services including medical treatment and preventive occupational health services. Clinical practices must meet acceptable medical standards. Will interact with outside community physicians, insurance representatives, all levels of Laboratory personnel, ES&H professionals, and ill and injured Laboratory personnel. This position is in the Health Services Department.
- Provide medical treatment to injured or ill employees.
- Provide medical surveillance/certification exams that are consistent with regulatory standards, LLNL requirements.
- Provide necessary counseling on safe workplace habits and health in the workplace, and provide notifications of identified concerns.
- Provide health promotion counseling in patient encounters and participate in departmental health promotion program development and implementation to Laboratory employees.
- Work collaboratively with other ES&H professionals in health-related activities and evaluation of workplace health issues; including possible participation in ES&H work teams, field work site visits, ES&H program development, medical surveillance program implementation, and educational presentations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Possess a valid California Registered Nurse license with Nurse Practitioner and furnishing certification and MSN (Master of Science in Nursing) or equivalent; or valid California Physician's Assistant license. Ability to possess a valid Drug Enforcement Administration license.
- Experience providing medical treatment to injured or ill employees; providing medical surveillance/certification exams that are consistent with regulatory standards and LLNL requirements
- Experience providing necessary counseling on safe workplace habits and health in the workplace, and provide notification in identified concerns.
- Experience providing health promotion counseling in patient encounters and participate in departmental health promotion program development and implementation to Laboratory employees.
- Demonstrated advanced analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills to evaluate, interpret, negotiate, recommend and implement actions/solutions for complex and/or sensitive medical issues.
- Demonstrated advanced communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce.
- Demonstrated effective organizational skills with attention to detail necessary to handle multiple complex tasks in a demanding environment with conflicting priorities, tight and changing deadlines, and frequent interruptions while providing high-level customer service and good follow through.
- Experience working independently and in a team environment with a broad cross-section of people and organizations, and meeting schedules,
- Documented proof of immunization to measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella (chicken pox) or immunization.
- Experience in occupational health.
- Experience providing emergency medical care and stabilization of critically ill and injured workers, and make appropriate decisions regarding transfer.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
Anticipated Clearance Level: Q (Position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a 50% time At Will appointment. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.5 billion, employing approximately 6,000 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.