Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We have an opening for an Administrative Specialist IV. You will perform a full range of advanced and complex administrative assignments in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and conflicting priorities. This position is in the Design Physics (DP) Division within the Weapons and Complex Integration Principal Directorate (WCI).
- Represent management in administrative matters to all levels of management, both internal and external to the Laboratory, and respond on their behalf to gather, clarify and disseminate information and coordinate activities.
- Coordinate, select, and compile data from multiple sources for both classified and unclassified correspondence, complex reports and presentations.
- Prepare and/or compose administrative material of a sensitive nature for signature.
- Serve as a resource and interpret institutional, directorate and division organizational policies and procedures.
- Manage complex calendars; independently determine scheduling priorities, committing and managing time, and coordinating and scheduling of multiple attendees.
- Serve as an administrative team member, and assist with special projects.
- Arrange domestic and foreign travel with dynamic itineraries and prepare expense reports.
- Coordinate external visits, including verification of security clearances, preparation of agenda, badging, and information dissemination.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced secretarial and administrative experience, with accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrated advanced organizational skills and experience working under minimal supervision, in a multitask environment of rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrated advanced communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce and represent the Division and Program with all levels of management, internal and external to LLNL.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and flexible, exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling business sensitive and/or classified information, as well as personnel interactions.
- Experience arranging complex domestic and foreign travel.
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, FileMaker Pro, Entrust, Adobe Acrobat, and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Experience working effectively as a team member as well as independently.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
Anticipated Clearance Level: Active DOE Q clearance required at time of hire. (Position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.5 billion, employing approximately 6,000 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.